Facts and Figures about Egypt
- The Egyptian population is the largest among all Arab population
- Arab Republic of Egypt is the official name of Egypt
- Islam is the official religion with about %90 muslims, sunni- and %10 Coptic and Christians
- %12 of the Work force in Egypt work in Tourism
- The rain percentage in Egypt is about an inch per year
- Egypt has been known by many different names such as Kemet or Black Land, which referred to the dark, rich soil of the Nile Valley. Egypt was also called Deshret, or Red Land, which referred to Egypt’s vast deserts. Later, it was known as Hwt-ka-Ptah or “House of the Ka of Ptah.” Ptah was one of Egypt’s earliest gods. The Greeks changed Hwt-ka-ptah to Aegyptus.
- Starting July 2011, the population of Egypt reached 82,079,663, occupying the 15th most populated country in the world, with 99% of the population lives on about 5.5% of the land.
- The literacy rate for Egyptian men is 83% and 59.4% for women.